Welcome to Mommy Times 4! A Mommy blog with money saving tips and how I try to make the lives of my 4 little ones special! Follow me on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Mommy-Times-4/148949625175664

Thursday, December 27, 2012

New Year's Eve with Kids!!

         If you are a mommy like me then you don't get dolled up and buy a new fancy party dress to celebrate the new year. I have fun with the littles at one last party before they have to go back to school from Christmas break. The hubby and I stay in and party with the kiddos so I try and make it fun for them and us as well.
        I am about to let you in on one of my best kept secrets as a mommy....On new year's eve set all of the clocks ahead one hour! This way you can have a big count down and party with the kids and they will be fast asleep by 11:20 and then you can celebrate all over again alone with your hubby! We watch the New York City count down with the kids who have no concept yet of time zones, lucky for us.
       Last year I set up a table for the kids with bags of goodies to open every hour. Little clocks on the outside of the bags let them know when to open each bag. They included little things the kids could enjoy during the night and some at midnight(actually 11pm). They absolutely loved this and I will do it again this year for them.
 
                                                                                        
                                                     6pm- Party hats
                                                     7pm- Glitter party glasses
                                                     8pm- Plastic champagne glasses with sparkling kids champagne
                                                     9pm- Disco ball necklaces
                                                    10pm- Blow horns
                                                    11pm- Silly string
                                                    12pm- Noise makers
 
        I did save all the noisy and messy things for last. Also beware of children who can not tell time! They will ask a lot if it is time to open the next bag.

                                                                                 
 
                                Please share Mommy Times 4 http://mommytimes4.blogspot.com/ 


No comments:

Post a Comment