Welcome to Mommy Times 4! A Mommy blog with money saving tips and how I try to make the lives of my 4 little ones special! Follow me on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Mommy-Times-4/148949625175664

Thursday, January 17, 2013

How I lost 5lbs this week!

Here are a few of the things that I did to lose 5lbs with my first week on Weight Watchers. I mentioned this on facebook and got a mailbox full of how so I thought I would just make a blog entry with links to make it easier and all in once place. I didn't actually join. I don't have a ton to lose either. I'm not a fitness expert or under the supervision of a doctor. I'm just a mommy that wants to lose 15 lbs before I get pregnant again. I have never been over weight in my life. I've had four children and lose the weight pretty fast and easy, I think because I always breast fed. It's always been pretty easy for me to stay around a size 6 without a ton of effort. Until I decided to become a surrogate! In April of  2011 I decided to become a surrogate and found my intended mother and have been with her trying for almost 2 years now. In a year and a half I've gained 38 pounds from fertility drugs. Though I will be honest and once I started gaining, I think I literally gained 20 pounds in the first 3 months, I was feeling gross and frustrated and I got a mind set of who cares I'm going to get pregnant and fat anyway which is not a good mindset to have ever. I have done 8 rounds of in vitro fertilization in the last year and a half. I started all of my meds 3 days ago to try for the ninth time and I'm hoping that I don't gain back these 5 that I just lost! I had about 15 pounds to lose remaining a few days before I knew I was starting my meds again for the next cycle when I decided I wanted to try weight watchers again. After I had my 4th child I had my last 15 lbs to lose and I did weight watchers then also and lost it all and kept it off. For me writing down what I eat and actually having to look at the nutritional facts side of the box of food really helps me. I don't want to write down that I had 5 oreos with milk when the kids did for a snack so I haven't eaten much junk in the last week. I don't think that my husband or the kids are really a fan of this change in eating habits because I haven't brought any junk into the house because I don't want to get the urge. So the family all together have been eating healthier. We haven't eaten out at all.
 
A few things that I have tried to do in the last week. I will also say that I have not been hungry at all this week.
Workout!! It only happened once :) But once is better than none. I am going to try and workout at least twice this week but really want to make it to 3 times.
Drink Water-I drink a tall glass as soon as I wake up and right before I go to bed and right before every time I eat. I also only drink water throughout the day. I have been addicted to diet Pepsi for a very long time but I cut that out a few months ago and think that helped with some of the previous weight loss. When we do eat out I do splurge and get a diet pepsi but it never comes into the house. I told myself that I didn't want any liquid calories or use any points on drinks but I have a weekness for my Keurig. Though I was very happy to find out that my favorite coffee cafe caramel is only 2 points! On day 4 I needed a coffee so bad and 2 points was well worth it. I did only have one more cup the rest of the week. I will try this week to also limit myself to 2 cups. Once pregnant I will cut it out all together. I made the cinnamon apple water that's been going around pinterest. That might have helped but I really have no clue at all if it did. I drank that for the first 4 days but then ran out of apples. You just keep a pitcher of water in the fridge with a cinnamon stick and a cut up apple, you can refill the water for 2 days and leave the same apple and cinnamon stick in the pitcher.
Eat Breakfast like a King, lunch like a Prince, and dinner like a Begger- I really tried to do this because I am such an evening eater. By the end of the week though I have been waking up hungry and eating within a half hour of waking up and eating a big healthy breakfast. I do eat a lot through out the day. I love that there are a lot of zero point foods, most veggies, so that I can snack throughout the day. I found a new favorite snack and made literally 4 batches of it this week. It's the cowboy caviar or I've also seen it called cowbay crack that has also been floating around pinterest. Here is the link to the recipe I used.
I can just eat it by the spoonful or I did get some sweet potato chips to scoop it with too. Some days I used the extra 4 points to add the chips and some days I didn't. My entire family also helped me eat the 4 batches this week too. I also tried to eat most of my carbs by the early afternoon and not into the evenings.
Not Eat Junk- Didn't happen. I tried to eat healthy for the week and on day 5 my lovely husband made cinnamon rolls at 9pm because "that was the only sweet thing in the house" and I broke down and had one. I thought it was an accomplishment because normally I would've eaten two.
Use all of my Points-They give you a number of points that you are allowed to use every day. Use them. You will lose weight and when you get into a new set of tens in your weight your points will go down. This happened to me. I lost 5 pounds and now starting today I have once less point to eat this week. You also get 35 extra points to use during the week. Maybe if you have a bad day and go over or have a special occasion or dinner out. I did not use my extra points this first week. Some weight watcher lovers say use them all some don't. I am on a quick timeline with starting the meds again so I wanted to lose as much as I could this week so I chose not to use my extra 35 points for the week.
 
Here are the websites that I use for my Points
Finding out how many points you are allowed
This is also a good blog for recipes
 
A list of food that already has the points calculated
 
A site to enter the information from the nutritional facts to get your points
 
Some people have special forms that you can print out and use. I didn't do this. I have a spiral notebook that sits on my counter and I write down what I eat. I have all of the websites saved on different internet pages on my phone so I can find them quick. I keep a list of things that I eat over and over again with a point value for each.
 
A few of the things that I ate over the last week.
Cowboy caviar, Greek yogurt, for breakfast I eat 3 egg whites split between 2 sandwiches. I use the whole grain flat breads that you split in half with tomatos and a piece of turkey bacon for each sandwich. This is 9 points for my breakfast for these 2 sandwiches. That is a lot but again I'm trying to train myself to eat breakfast and not at night. I normally eat one and save the other and eat it about an hour later. Bananas, carrots, celery. Smart ones-I got a good deal a few weeks ago they were on sale 12/$10 and I had a coupon for $5 off 12. Lean Cuisine salad kits, these are brand new to the freezer section and they are pricey. Price Chopper had select Lean Cuisine on sale for 1.49 last week. When price matching at Walmart there is no select it is all Lean Cuisine and I had 16 coupons for $1 off Lean Cuisine salad kits. So I stocked up. You just add lettuce and its a really good lunch. Baked fish, tilapia. We had baked chicken a few nights this week. A couple of evenings my husband was working and I don't generally make a huge meal for just the kids and I so I ate smaller dinners of a salad and a greek yogurt and made the kids an easy dinner for them of kid food.
 
Hope this answers some of your questions!

No comments:

Post a Comment