Welcome to Mommy Times 4! A Mommy blog with money saving tips and how I try to make the lives of my 4 little ones special! Follow me on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Mommy-Times-4/148949625175664

Sunday, October 7, 2012

$ and Time saving Easy Oatmeal Breakfast! 50 Breakfasts for about 1/4 of the cost out of a box!

This is both a money and time saver!
I hate buying boxes of oatmeal. They cost so much for so little oatmeal. We go through a box in less than 2 mornings. I am also not a fan of making oatmeal thats not from a box in the morning when we all seem to be so rushed while getting ready for school. So I spend about 10 minutes and make my own packets.
 
 
What I use-      the biggest container of Quick Oats that I can find
ziplock baggies (I actually save mine to reuse them again for the next batch of oatmeal, they are all dry ingredients and the same ingredients are going in them again.)
sugar
light brown sugar
chocolate chips
raisins
cinnamon
 
 
I put 1/2 cups of oats into ziplock bags until the oats are gone. The half cups bags are used for the varsity and to be split in half for the junior varsity who don't eat as much yet.
1 teaspoon of sugar into all bags, 1 teaspoon brown sugar into all bags
My sons like chocolate oatmeal, I myself do not, I put 2 teaspoons chocolate chips into some bags
I put 2 teaspoons of raisins into some bags
The rest of the bags get a sprinkle of cinnamon
 
I put all the baggies into a basket that is kept at kid level in the pantry so they can grab and go in the mornings. I add 3/4 cup of water and put in the microwave for 1 minute. I then add about 1/4 cup of cold milk after its out of the microwave to cool it down and they can eat immediately. It ends up being the perfect consistency for my kids.
 



No comments:

Post a Comment