Welcome to Mommy Times 4! A Mommy blog with money saving tips and how I try to make the lives of my 4 little ones special! Follow me on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Mommy-Times-4/148949625175664

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Santa Season with our Elf on the Shelf Rudolph Jingles Morelfi

Here are some of my favorite things "Rudolph Jingles Morelfi" did with the kids last Santa Season!
      Our last name is Morelli so that's where he gets his last name. Last year was one of my favorite Christmas seasons watching the kids wake up every morning searching the house to find what Rudolph did the night before. I am the type of mommy that some of the nasty articles were about last year about how we go  way over board with everything and that this elf is ridiculous. That you should just have him move around the house. I could not disagree more. Our elf did move around the house on some days but other days I had fun getting up early to make a scene for the kids to find. I have 4 little ones but last year was my last Christmas with 4 believers. My oldest told me we needed to talk in private on Christmas morning last year and I immediately became concerned. So we went into the kitchen when Daddy and the 3 littles were putting together toys. She told me that she knows that I'm santa but she wanted to give me one more year. That makes me teary eyed just typing it! I'm so glad to have raised such a sweet girl to know that I would want just one more year with 4 believers, though technically she knew the whole time. She then said, but how did you make Santa's snowy foot prints in front of the fireplace? I told her I would show her next year. The years go by so fast that I want to take the extra couple of minutes every day for them to remember how great our entire Christmas season was, not just one morning. We do a lot from the day after Thanksgiving until the day after Christmas. We adopt a family and I try to teach the kids about giving during the season. But every morning watching them jump out of bed was wonderful. Here are a few of my favorites.
 
Roasting Marshmallows in front of the fireplace
 
Writing a letter to Santa on the laptop

 
He was found with a red Santa marker sitting in the middle of the hallway(this is so I could get a pic of the kids noses with him) This was easier then I thought it would be!
 
Making a copy of his bottom
 
Changing the milk to red and green, food coloring
 
He wrapped all of their bedroom doors
 
Trying to figure out how to get out. They giggled and giggled for minutes before trying to get out, the paper stayed on their doors for about a week.
 
Fishing in the toilet for goldfish
 
Coloring on the family picture, dry erase markers, this was on a weekend. I bought a colored pack of the dry erase markers. I pulled back the curtains on the sliding glass door and they colored on the door for literally hours.
 
He brought the kids Justin Bieber's Christmas cd and also borrowed one of the girls teddy bears JB sweatshirt. He didn't take this off for a few days.
 
Ice Skating in the freezer on candy canes
 
He left door hangers for the kids in their doors
 
He is waiting for the kids by the stairs in a hot air balloon, a small gift bag with 4 balloons, green and red, one for each child.
 
Playing dress up with Tank the dog. Brought him a Santa hat
 
Dunking in the boys room
 
Toys holding him hostage on the bunkbed stairs
 
Decorated the Christmas tree with the kids underwear
 
He missed the snow so he played in the flour
 
He made them elf donuts on Christmas Eve morning, Cheerios, melted chocolate also with sprinkles. I didn't take a picture fast enough. They ate them fast. This was his last morning. He also left a letter for the kids.
 
The last morning. They loved being able to touch him!! The letter said one hug but I caught them sneaking in little touches the rest of the day.
 
 
    The kids ask every once in a while when he will come back and if they will get the same Elf. The girls want a girl elf to come this year so I'm thinking maybe Rudolph got married over the summer at the North Pole so he might make a return with his wife "Snowflake Sprinkles Morelfi" The girls pretended he was a girl last year for a few days and named him that. I really can't wait for Christmas now! I wonder if my husband would let me put up the Christmas tree the day after Halloween instead of the day after Thanksgiving? 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment