Welcome to Mommy Times 4! A Mommy blog with money saving tips and how I try to make the lives of my 4 little ones special! Follow me on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Mommy-Times-4/148949625175664

Saturday, October 6, 2012

Dates with the Kids Freebies/kids

  While it's important for me and the hubby to get away from the 4 kidlets we also get away with each child individually. Having four little ones, I don't always get as much one on one time as I would like with each one of them. So when the Varsity, the two oldest were getting a little bigger, ages 6 and 4 and the junior varsity were still in diapers and wobbly walkers, at ages 2 and a newborn, we started having dates with the kids. Taking care of the younger kids took a lot more of my time then taking care of the varsity who were able to dress and feed themselves so there wasn't as much one on one time with them. We do this on a budget and free as much as possible. This is a big deal to the kids and something they look forward to. They get excited picking the dates and countdown the days until their next date. We alternate between mommy and daddy. My little guy is home with mommy all day every day because he isn't in school yet so he only goes on dates with daddy alone normally. I can not tell you enough how much the kids love their dates. The girls even put on dresses and lipgloss when having a date with daddy.


Our current date schedule-
-In the last few weeks we were sent 2 free movie tickets for Here Comes the Boom. My oldest had already seen previews and wanted to see this so she went with daddy. (Below you will find how I get free movie tickets, I have been sent free movie tickets for 4 movies in the past 2 weeks)
-We had bid at a silent auction at the kids school for 2 Royals tickets for $10 so daddy took my oldest son on fan appreciation night. It was an evening Saturday game, they came home with 2 free blankets and there was a lot of food that was only $1.
-I did just splurge on tickets for my oldest and I to see the new Twilight movie the day after it comes out. I am not a fan of paying full price but every once in a while it's necessary. We have all of the Twilight movies saved on the dvr so we are making it a week of dates and watching all the movies in the week before we see the new one.
-My oldest son is obsessed with Legos. We went to Legoland in KC on opening day. That was one of our fun family summer things. We try and do staycation things during the summer and not really do those same activities during the school year, unless its free. We also went to "the real" Legoland in Florida last month on our family vacation to Disneyworld. My son enters all the contests that Legoland in KC offers. He has made a few videos for entries. This last entry got him 2 free tickets to Legoland! So that is his and mommies next date sometime this month.
-There is a bounce house that opened up close to our house and the parents are allowed to bounce with the kids so I will be taking both of the little ones for our date.
-Often times the kids will think up things they want to do with us before it's their turn for a date so I have a list in my phone called date ideas. My youngest daugter said a few days ago that she wants to do something with her american girl doll so I put that on my list so I will be taking her to the American girl store for our date so her dolls hair will get done. Sometimes it's something mommy or daddy would rather do with them so we just switch back and forth, so I will have 2 dates in a row with her because daddy doesn't want to go to the american girl store.

A few things the kids like to do-

-One of the kids favorite is the movies. It costs almost $60 for a family of 6 to go to a movie, not including snacks, so going to the theater is something we do as a family once or twice a year and make it a special occasion. Most of the time it's to see a new Disney movie or one of mommies favorite Disney movies that has been rereleased to the big screen. We do love the drive in and go at least once a month between March and October. Kids are free and it's $18 total for all 6 of us to see 2 movies. We pile in the back of the truck with 20 blankets and pillows. I pack a picnic basket with microwave popcorn. We stop at the $1 store and the kids pick out a box of candy and a drink. I have a secret! I have been a part of Gogobo.com for over a year now. It is a site that promotes new movies that are coming to the theater. THEY SEND YOU FREE MOVIE TICKETS! They are sneak previews for movies that aren't in the theater yet. Sometimes they will send them and the previews haven't hit the tv yet so I will not have heard about them yet. Other times they are movies that we have been really wanting to see. It is all done a little bit last minute notice which is the bad thing, being a mommy of 4. They are also almost always on Tuesday and Thursday evenings. If it is a children's movie the lucky child that gets to go see that movie normally will be up past bed time. They normally send a link to get 2 tickets but every once in a while they send you the option to get 4 tickets for a movie. Both the hubby and I have our own individual log ins to separate email addresses so that we get sent twice as many tickets. I was on the site long before I decided to start him a profile so I still get more invites than him. A lot of times we will both be sent invites for the same movie so we will get 4 tickets. They do suggest that you be at the theater an hour before the movie starts, do it! Often times there are more tickets given out than seats. You hear radio stations giving out movie tickets, this is where they also come from. You are also not allowed to have your phone because you could record the movie before it's been released. Not gonna lie, I get anxiety not having my phone for 3 hours in the theater because I'm never with all 4 of the kids at the theater. Below is a link to gofobo.com. Start a profile and enter as much info as possible. It might take 3 months before you get your first invite or it might take only a week. They send them via email so it does need to be an email you check often because then send out a mass email and its on a first come first serve basis. I am not a fan of clicking on my invite and all the passes are gone. I find the more you do on the site the more passes you get. I always rate the movies and give a little review after I see the movie.

http://www.gofobo.com/

-Shopping-The 2 oldest like to pick shopping for their dates. Mommy always goes on these dates with them. It is always for something that they NEED. My oldest son has been in the same shoe size for literally 2 years but has went through 8 pair of tennis shoes so he likes to go shoe shopping. At the end of these dates we stop at the grocery store and I let them pick out ice cream for when we get home.

-Ice Cream-Daddy always chooses to go on these dates with the kids. They like Cold Stone Creamery. So this gets to be a pricey place for all 6 of us at once. There is also a playground next our location so we have ice cream and then play.

-Picnic at the park- going through their favorite drive thru or packing a picnic and eating at the park and then playing at the playground. The kids surprisingly enjoy going to the park with only one parent. I wouldn't think so because you can do so much more with 3 other siblings but they do like to choose a date to the park.

No comments:

Post a Comment